Happy New Year, all.  Hope it brings health and wealth to everyone.

Is anyone aware of any increased interest in or increased activity in the Austin Chalk or Buda, in the general area where Wilson, Atascosa and Karnes meet?  Or even Pearsall?! (Remembering the infamous Lang 11-H).

I have seen several operators and wells northeast of this area, up the Wilson-Karnes line, 20+ miles away NE.

Thanks.

Views: 2179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joe D and Mark:

Thanks for the info re Recoil.  My mineral rights are HBP by EOG, but maybe the recent increase in price and nearby interest by Recoil will induce EOG to drill some more.

And, Joe:  Do you have any indication of which formation(s) Recoil is interested in?

Considering all that EOG has going on in the EF and AC trend plus the Permian Basin, there is massive competition for drilling capital dollars. I am thinking that - if an area is HBP - EOG won't be drilling infill wells unless the area is GREAT as to economics (and potentially self funding from production).

Recoil's website talks about "Eagle Ford oil trend focus" which matches their managements past expertise. But even if EF is their target, I guarantee that they are taking a good look at the AC to see if merits their attention.

Just my opinion as always.

James/Mark:

I do not have any indication of the formation.  But I do believe that this area has more to offer than just EF.  I hope that Recoil can crack the egg on this.  I know my neighbors leased to EOG, but to my knowledge they are not HBP and their leases must have expired.  Since Recoil is across the road from my property, I can only assume that they have found enough land in the immediate area not held by EOG to put a block together that includes my property.

Can anyone recommend a good O&G lawyer that is knowledgeable in this area to help negotiate the term of the lease.  The only other lease offer I've been presented was from EOG, almost exactly 10 years ago, those were the early days of EF and the terms I've been presented now are surprisingly less than EOG offered back then.  I declined EOGs offer and currently live in England, so I haven't been following things closely.  I'm just hoping to get a fair deal to help the family out back home. 

RSS

Click Here!

Groups

Not a member? Get our email.

Blog Posts

Longer vs shorter laterals

Posted by Chaz on May 3, 2019 at 1:30pm 0 Comments

This may have been discussed at length at some point on this forum so please forgive me if I'm repeating a question that may have been answered.

Six years ago CHK drilled wells with 5000ft laterals; recently they have come back and…

Continue

Events

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Keith (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service