Is anyone still monitoring this site? Maybe things will start picking up again.

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems as though drilling activity is really picking in the Shiner area with EOG, Marathon and Penn Virginia. 

Great to hear - Penn Virginia just acquired Lone Star (and changed their name). I see them ramping up drilling to take advantage of prices and boost their production portfolio

Anyone have any good "G2" about leasing or mineral-rights acquisition in SW Wilson County, especially by Recoil Resources?

Recoil has drilled some mighty fine wells in that area in the last 2 years.  I always considered the area too "updip" for good EF wells, but with advanced precision drilling directionality and fracking I'm sure they can tease oil out of the tightest and most barren rock.

Also, any good G2 about interest in Pearsall in that area?

Thanks.  Hope all are well.

I will check permitting to see if any apparent deeper laterals are happening

Thanks, Mark.  My survey of the TxRRC W-1 filings since September 2021 show 8,000-8,500 ft depths targeted, all in the Eagleville formation.  But, as you or another have said in the past, sometimes those are stalking horses masking the true plans.

With what I perceive to the Recoil's success, I'd think they are actually going for EF

Agree on EF target as the primary, but any capable oil company would be idiots to not consider all options.

And Recoil / Cusack are no idiots.

PS on Permitted depths - these can be very misleading / only way to truly know where a lateral is targeted is to look at the post drill directional surveys.

Some more interesting "updip" wells being permitted in Wilson County, not far from the Atascosa-Wilson county line, and with drill pads approx. 7 miles NW of Wilson-Karnes line.

The Nirvana Lease with Trinity Operating LLC as operator.

Based on various data points, I think Trinity is contract operator.

Would not be surprised if Recoil was behind this group paying the bills for these wells

RSS

Groups

Not a member? Get our email.

Blog Posts

Longer vs shorter laterals

Posted by Chaz on May 3, 2019 at 1:30pm 0 Comments

This may have been discussed at length at some point on this forum so please forgive me if I'm repeating a question that may have been answered.

Six years ago CHK drilled wells with 5000ft laterals; recently they have come back and…

Continue

Events

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2022   Created by Keith (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service