Does anyone have any information on this well that was being drilled by Recoil Resources?  Rumors are they hit a fault line.  Apparently, the drilling rig packed up and left.  What does mean for the well in the future?

Views: 380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not have direct info from Recoil but do have an opinion as to what is going on here. Recoil has permitted five Eagle Ford horizontals in this area. They have used the same rig (Trinidad 139) to drill and set surface casing for each well one after another instead of drilling the "complete" well (ii.e. the lateral). By doing their drilling in this "batch" manner, they are saving money.

I would anticipate that they will eventually bring in a rig (perhaps the same one) to start drilling the lateral parts of wells.

I have seen notes in the Tx RRC site that indicate that Recoil did have problems setting cement while running casing on the Yosko B, however. But it appears that they corrected this problem.

Thank you for the information.

RSS

Groups

Not a member? Get our email.

Blog Posts

Cost Depletion: A Valuable Tax Deduction for Royalty Owners

Posted by Patrick Flueckiger on February 12, 2018 at 10:30am 0 Comments

Owners of minerals and royalties may be interested to learn that the Internal Revenue Code "IRC" allows a deduction known as “depletion” for oil & gas income. The depletion deduction could significantly reduce a royalty owner's…

Continue

Events

© 2018   Created by Keith (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service