Hi everyone!  I am a general contractor in the Southeast and recently joined the forum.  I closed the doors on my construction company several years ago with the collapse of the housing market and was interested in transitioning my talents and background into an oil and gas career.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get in the door, who to talk to, contacts, available positions or opportunities.  I am originally from Texas and was quite honestly hoping there might be some opportunity with the Eagle Ford Shale play.  I am looking to network and any input or advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Views: 450

Comment by Gene on October 29, 2011 at 2:06am


Since you've posted on this forum, I'd guess that you're interested in finding work on inland wells as opposed to offshore wells.  If that's true, and not knowing what you did as a GC, I'd suggest hitting some well sites & talking to the tool pusher/company man on site to see if they need anyone, AND  asking them for the contact info for the operator they are working for and sending it your resume.  There may be some other ways to get that type of info.  One way, I guess, might be by targeting the area where you want to work, and then going to the RRC website & getting the info for the operators in that area for the last year.

Good luck.

Comment by Chris Batchelor on November 1, 2011 at 9:35am



I appreciate the reply and the information.  Quite honestly I am not to sure how this whole blog communication thing works, but would love to ask a few questions.  My e-mail is batchelorcb@gmail.com  Thank you!

Comment by Jay Nomes on February 8, 2012 at 9:29am

Drive down to these towns in Texas: Kenedy, Pearsall, Cotulla, etc. and you will see service companies springing up everywhere.  Many have help wanted signs and even the ones that don't are looking for every kind of skill.  Walk in a drop off a resume.  As an ex-contractor, you could easily get hired to supervise a crew of some sort or you could make 80K driving a truck for a year.  All you will need to do is pass a drug test.  Its a no-brainer but you will need to get down here and spend a week driving around.


You need to be a member of GoEagleFordShale.com to add comments!

Join GoEagleFordShale.com


Not a member? Get our email.


Blog Posts

Cost Depletion: A Valuable Tax Deduction for Royalty Owners

Posted by Patrick Flueckiger on February 12, 2018 at 10:30am 0 Comments

Owners of minerals and royalties may be interested to learn that the Internal Revenue Code "IRC" allows a deduction known as “depletion” for oil & gas income. The depletion deduction could significantly reduce a royalty owner's…



© 2018   Created by Keith (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service